miss40i
Newly Registered

Help on miniature roses purchase from store

:cry: I recently received miniature roses purchase at Walmart and they are dried out and wilted. I repotted them and water them when the soil gets dry. I am at a loss at what to do. Is it too late to save it?

NewjerseyTea

Someone also gave me a miniature rose that was a promotion for a store opening. It was in a tiny pot so it immediately dried out. I was able to save it by planting it in the garden. Do you have it outside?

miss40i
Newly Registered

No, I have it inside, but I repotted it in a clay pot. I live in an apartment so I really don't have any place to plant it outside. Should I cut off the dead and dried roses? I have it in a window so that it gets a lot of sunlight.

NewjerseyTea

Yes, cut off the dried flowers. It is a good idea to keep it deadheaded (that just means removing flowers past their prime). When I did I was rewarded with new buds almost immediately. It sounds like you are on the right track.
I believe they are hard to grow successfully as house plants but can give you a little color for awhile. Maybe someone with more experience growing them indoors will comment.

miss40i
Newly Registered

Thanks, I will give it a try!!

Return to “Rose Forum”