vampirequeen
Newly Registered

Feeding roses that are growing in containers.

Hi

I'm new to growing roses and need some advice about feeding them. I have to grow them in containers due to the nature of the ground....very dry and rock hard in summer and boggy/surface water in winter. I'm also in the UK and, as you may know, at times that can mean all seasons in one day :D I'm currently growing two Gertrude Jekyll up obelisks and also a Blue For You and a Timeless Pink as bushes. I know I've got them in the correct size containers and compost because I checked with the nursery when I bought them. However, I'm not sure how often and how much to feed them. The nursery recommended tomato feed which I'm using at the correct dilution but how much liquid do they actually need per feed I.e. do they need 2 litres (4.4 pints) each time or more/less. I don't let them dry out so the diluted feed is just that. I'm not watering the plant. They're growing well, flowering beautifully at the moment and seem very healthy (well I can't see any sign of greenfly or other nasties). I don't want to spoil this by under or over feeding them.

Thanks Vamps

Return to “Rose Forum”