cppgardener
Newly Registered

Chilli thrips

Does anyone have experience with controlling Chilli Thrips? The nasty little monsters showed up about 3 years ago and are really doing a number on my garden. I know the original infestation was in Florida and it's worked its way westward so I'm hoping someone back east has had some success controlling them. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

imafan26
Mod

Safari, merit, or Systemic Rose Care, Bayer tree and shrub with active ingredient Imidocloprid is active against the species. It does have predators, the minute pirate bug which will also be killed, so if you do spray you will have to continue to maintain control. You cannot use this near vegetable crops or let run off drift to vegetable areas.

Good culture will make your plants less susceptible. Make sure the plants are pruned and fed regularly with good air circulation. Thrips are ubiquitous, so you should also check plants that are also nearby and treat them if possible. Remove heavily infested and weak plants. Thrips can fly so they are harder to control than less mobile pests.

https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_se ... 140407.pdf

Return to “Rose Forum”