paige.barnes23
Newly Registered

Mini rose bush (indoor)

I just received a mini indoor rose bush for valentines day. I have been keeping it at work, as it was a gift. I have been keeping it watered daily like the instructions, but over the weekend the plant wasn't watered. She isn't dead....but looks wilty and like she is starting to die. I have watered the plant and the soil is moist (not standing in water) and I trimmed the leaves back (the ones that were looking really bad). Is there anything else I can do to help this plant revive? I don't want to lose this one.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

plants don't generally die that fast. It is just wilted and should revive. But watering it every day is probably too much. Water it thoroughly until all the soil is moistened and then don't water again until the top layer of soil is starting to dry.

Be sure it has plenty of light. Don't fertilize until it is starting to put out new growth. Roses are really not indoor plants. In the long run, it is much more likely to survive out doors than in. You didn't say where you are, but they are very cold hardy. I was in Cincinnati. I had one that I just brought in to our screened porch for the winter, after it was dormant. That was unheated, just gave a bit of protection against wind, hail, too much rain, etc.

Return to “Rose Forum”