Gardenmom
Cool Member

Powdery mildew solution

Does anybody have that recipe for a home-made spray for the powdery mildew that collects on roses? I think it's dish soap and ????? Can't remember. HELP!

Grey
Greener Thumb

I think you are right, it's dish soap & warm water. I think. I have my cheat sheet somewhere that tells me this stuff and I can't remember where I put it. Anybody?

Gardenmom
Cool Member

Actually, after searching around on the net for awhile, I found out that we should never spray dish soap on our roses. Has anyone here done that and had good results??? The recipe I found is baking soda and highly refined horticultural oil mixed with water. I'll have to give it a try.

imagardener2

Gardenmom wrote:The recipe I found is baking soda and highly refined horticultural oil mixed with water.
Would you post the recipe (amounts), please?

Gardenmom
Cool Member

I know that it was 1 rounded tablespoon of baking soda to one gallon of water. I don't remember the amount of the horticultural oil. I wrote it down at home, and I'm going there for lunch. I'll post it this afternoon:)

Gardenmom
Cool Member

OK, here it is: 1 rounded tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of highly refined horticultural oil mixed in 1 gallon of water. This should be sprayed once every 7 to 10 days on top and underneath the leaves.

imagardener2

Thank you!!!

Return to “Rose Forum”