Gardenmom
Cool Member

Powdery mildew solution

Does anybody have that recipe for a home-made spray for the powdery mildew that collects on roses? I think it's dish soap and ????? Can't remember. HELP!
God Bless!
Debbie

Grey
Greener Thumb

I think you are right, it's dish soap & warm water. I think. I have my cheat sheet somewhere that tells me this stuff and I can't remember where I put it. Anybody?

Gardenmom
Cool Member

Actually, after searching around on the net for awhile, I found out that we should never spray dish soap on our roses. Has anyone here done that and had good results??? The recipe I found is baking soda and highly refined horticultural oil mixed with water. I'll have to give it a try.
God Bless!
Debbie

imagardener2

Gardenmom wrote:The recipe I found is baking soda and highly refined horticultural oil mixed with water.
Would you post the recipe (amounts), please?
"Our elders instruct us to always walk upon Mother Earth with respect, gentleness, and with thankful hearts. We must never deviate from the fundamental precept of stewardship, or we will be capable of causing great harm."

Gardenmom
Cool Member

I know that it was 1 rounded tablespoon of baking soda to one gallon of water. I don't remember the amount of the horticultural oil. I wrote it down at home, and I'm going there for lunch. I'll post it this afternoon:)
God Bless!
Debbie

Gardenmom
Cool Member

OK, here it is: 1 rounded tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of highly refined horticultural oil mixed in 1 gallon of water. This should be sprayed once every 7 to 10 days on top and underneath the leaves.
God Bless!
Debbie

imagardener2

Thank you!!!
"Our elders instruct us to always walk upon Mother Earth with respect, gentleness, and with thankful hearts. We must never deviate from the fundamental precept of stewardship, or we will be capable of causing great harm."

Return to “Rose Forum”