petunialover

HELP MY ROSES ARE HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME!

I have many rose bushes, climbers, hybrids, and bush roses, full-sized and sweethearts, long stem and florabunda, it all started in my first rose planted three years ago, it was planted where it gets the most sunshine, against my garage, in the sw, it started to look motheaten, but I went out at all hours looking for bugs and saw nothing bad. Then the leaves all ended up looking like lace. I trimmed all the bad leaves off it grew taller and the new leaves looked good, I spread out eggshells in case of slugs. Then it spread to a very good producing florabunda climber. Now all my roses have this probem, the leaves first get pinkish bown spots and that eats away the leaf until it gets lacy looking, even my small potted rose is nude, sob!
I am clipping the bad leaves and spraying the plant with colloidal silver antibacterial spray, I don't know if it's helping or not.

help, please!

PL

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Was there any sign of fine webbing on the underside of the leaf? I'm thinking it sounds like Red Spider, in which case, you need to spray with insecticidal soap. Also get rid of any infected parts.
Any thoughts any one?
Val

kevinschoppe
Cool Member

Are you looking for a organic method, or chemical method?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

The use of silver makes me think they are trying to stay earth friendly... :)

I have had issues with both mites and thrips on my lone rose ('Therese Bugnet') and I agree with Grandpa that it sounds like mites. Try neem oil...

HG

Return to “Rose Forum”