Seaecho
Newly Registered

Will this cutting make it?

004.JPG

My first attempt at growing from cuttings. The other three didn't make it, but the fourth does still have some green, and looks like maybe a bit of new growth on the top (?) I don't remember if this cutting initially had that or not. It's been in a 4" deep pot in a baggie for probably 3 weeks now. Any hope for it?My first attempt at growing from cuttings. The other three didn't make it, but the fourth does still have some green, and looks like maybe a bit of new growth on the top (?) I don't remember if this cutting initially had that or not. It's been in a 4" deep pot in a baggie for probably 3 weeks now. Any hope for it?

004.JPG
Attachments
003.JPG

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

It'll be fine, I'm pretty sure. Maybe add some Root Growth Stimulator to the water when you plant it? Or even cover it with a plastic bag again?

Seaecho
Newly Registered

Oh, it's in a one gallon bag at all times. I only took it out to show you what it looks like. So, that gave me hope! Thank you! Should I wait until there is more growth before I plant it?

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Yes, just wait until it grows a little bigger and the roots develop until you plant it again. Beacuse right now it has teeny weeny roots that are so small that they are not even visible, and if you take the cutting out, all the roots will be damaged

Seaecho
Newly Registered

Okay, that's what I'll do then! Thank you so much!

Return to “Rose Forum”