swampy
Newly Registered

New growth from dead roses what do I do

I have two dead roses that have sprouted new growth. I'd really like to succeed in getting them to grow as they were from the last bunch of roses my husband bought me before he recently passed away.
I've never known new growth arising from dead roses before.
I feel it's a sign from my husband.
How do I go about getting them to grow :?:
I've attached a pic.
Attachments
Rose Cutting 1.JPG

imafan26
Mod

Roses will root in water so, the stems still have some life left in them. The bottom of the cuttings look like they are starting to rot. You will need to cut the stems 1/4 inch below the last good node at a 45 degree angle. Dip it in dip n' grow. Fill a small container with potting mix that has been moistened. Make a hole with your finger and put the cutting in the moist mix. push the soil gently around the cutting so that it is stable and water it in well. Let the pot drain for 30 minutes in the sink. Use chopsticks to make supports around the edge of the pot. Cover with a clear grocer bag and put pot in a cool place out of direct sunlight but not in the dark. Water will condense inside the bag. A little is fine. If there is a lot, then open the bag a little to dry it out and close it up again. If you are lucky the roses will root in about 2-6 weeks. As soon as it roots take the bag off and water to keep soil moist not soggy. Do not put a saucer under the pot or leave water standing under it. Once it roots you can start giving it 1/4 strength miracle grow . 1/4 tsp miracle grow in 1 gallon of water once a week. You don't have to use it all on the rose, you can use the rest on other plants.

swampy
Newly Registered

Thank you for advice. Where would be a last good node? I have no idea. I'm a complete novice.

Return to “Rose Forum”