Bambichik39
Newly Registered

Lady banks rose in a small backyard?

Sorry I've been posting so much I just have so many questions. Long story short I have a small backyard and was sold a lady banks rose by a nursery after seeing a picture of the area I had to work with. Well after looking around here in the forum it sounds like I need to get rid of this thing immediately! Here it is on its new trellis next to a tea olive tree. Do I need to get rid of asap? Maybe put in a clematis or confederate jasmine? I was under the impression this trellis (which I bought at the same time) would work perfectly. Now it sounds like this thing will eat that $55 trellis! I hate to kill the thing- maybe craigslist the rose for free?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Pot it up, give it away.

imafan26
Mod

Actually if you had a really big property, wanted a screen or had a big slope for the rose to sprawl on it could work out, but for most people it is too much maintenance to keep it in check.

Bambichik39
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone- I'll be digging it up next week when it warms up a bit. For now I'll just put it in a pot until I can find someone to take it. My yard is verrryyy small and am irritated that nursery did that. It was the owner who shouldn't have suggested it if she hadn't known- so looks like I'll be driving 30 minutes to another one from here on out! Come on March so I can replace it with some clematis!

Return to “Rose Forum”