byomjan
Newly Registered

Lady bank white rose 's leaves

Hallo All .
I planted lady bank roses in a large container 2 months ago from a plastic one available in lowes store in california.I regularly water it. Had just put few radish seeds in surrounding as the planter was a large one.

I used good quality miracle grow soil .

I have uploaded a picture. Please check this and suggest what might have happened.
Attachments
IMG_1270.JPG

imafan26
Mod

Powdery mildew. It is a common problem with roses especially in hot humid wet weather.

Roses are high maintenance.

You need to have a regular antifungal spray program with roses or use a systemic. Copper sulfate will work. The rose is heavily infested and you will probably have to do some pruning to open it up more to get rid of the infested leaves (bag and burn) and improve air circulation.

Milk can also work as a preventive as well as a horticultural oil. Oils cannot be used when temperatures exceed 80 degrees and you cannot use an oil and sulfur within two weeks of each other or they will burn the plant. Sulfur would also have to be applied during the cooler time of the day and it would have to be applied repeatedly.

You can use Systemic rose care. It will help with most of the rose disease and pest issues. It lasts about 6 weeks and keeps the fungus from burrowing into the leaf tissue. It is very effective at preventing and controlling pests and disease. It is very harmful to bees so do not let the rose bloom during the treatment time. Roses are heavy feeders so make sure they are also fed regularly.

Return to “Rose Forum”