Rose bloom
Green Thumb

What is your favorite rose?

My favorite is Eden Climber. I know, I'm being prejudiced since Eden Climber is the only rose in our yard. :oops: But what's not to love about it? We never have to spray it, it has beautiful blooms, and it's got a wonderful scent. But, if you want rose hips, it's kinda lousy at it. It will produce hips, though not very prolifically.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

For landscaping purposes in the deep south I like Knock Outs for their extremely long bloom period, disease resistance and low maintenance. There are many new flower shapes and colors available. Growing hybrid teas and grandiflora in south Louisiana is just too muck work for me.

imafan26
Mod

I have a few favorites
Sterling Silver
Peace
Mr Lincoln
Pristine
First Prize
Baby Blanket
Snowfire

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Hmm. I also like a rose with dark magenta petals on the outside and a rich cream color on the inner petals. Wonderful scent, too. I don't have that rose, but my grandpa's friend has it. The friend's wife says the rose name might be the name of a British queen. Maybe Victoria or something? :lol:

imafan26
Mod

Sounds like you are describing Double Delight

https://www.gurneys.com/product/double_d ... d_tea_rose_

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Well, the petals are pink, not red. The inside is more of a cream, verrrry light hint of yellow.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Any one know the " mystery" rose? :lol:

imafan26
Mod

Could it be either Desperado or Secret? Post a picture it might help.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

Any rose that is not pink or red... they are just boring. Give me a unique color and a challenge and I'm all in.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Could be Desperado.

Lab_Man

I have five roses in my gardens. Four of them are knock-outs.
I don't know the names off hand but two are red and one is a beautiful pink.
My favorite rose is a knock-that is yellow. It has beautiful deep yellow roses that fade to a white. So I have a rose that has two different colored blooms at the same time.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

The " mystery " rose might be Nostalgia. I was searching for something and found a post about the " mystery " rose on GardenWeb.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

I got some cuttings of double delight? And they've been growing nicely. I hope they survive........ :?

imafan26
Mod

Yellow roses are popular. I used to have New day and a smaller yellow rose I don't remember the name of. I would not mind them, but the color fades and the edges brown and the ones I had did not have a nice form or fall off clean. Anybody know of a nice yellow rose that has a nice urn bud form, long stems, 35 approximately, doesn't fade or brown around the edges and falls off cleanly?

forest1227

My favorite rose are red and pink. They are not boring if they have the right shapes. My 'Alain' is bright red, my 'Intrepid' is dark red, and my 'Bride's Dream' is light pink. I would like to have yellow, but have not found one with enough intensity. White rose could be nice if they got the right shape to match the color, but I have not seen the right one. I might want to get 'Papa Meilland' (dark red) and 'Anna Pavlova' (light pink).

My true favorite is am unknown tea rose we grew in southern China. In the winter of 1968, it bloom gloriously in the heavy snow, the fragrance filled the quest quarter of the 'Sweet Fragrance Hall', as my grandpa called his estate acquired before WWII, but demolished in 1980's during the late development. I lost the garden with orchids, rose, begonia, Osmanthus, etc. How sad!

my 'Bride's Dream'
Attachments
2015.3.27 Rosa 'Bride's Dream' 1_E. Lin.JPG

imafan26
Mod

I have only been able to propagate ramblers and shrub roses. I have not had any luck propagating hybrid teas, but I keep trying. I have a lot of material to work with. Right now my best rose is Francis Meilland.
Attachments
Hybrid Tea Francis Meilland
Hybrid Tea Francis Meilland

Return to “Rose Forum”