trish4850
Newly Registered

New Rose Garden

Hi all,

Well, this is my second post here hoping for some help. I've read lots of others and they sure have helped me. 8)

I will be planting a small rose garden next weekend and wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on some complimentary plantings. This new garden gets the sun from the moment it comes up in the morning until it sets at night. I think even the roses might have a hard time with that much sun, but I'm going to try. BTW, I'm in New Jersey.

All ideas are welcome and appreciated. Thanks....................Trish

Grey
Greener Thumb

I like to interplant herbs with my roses. Dill helps keep Japanese Beetles away, lavender and rosemary both like the well-drained soil like roses do, and tend to help fill in any gaps between rose stalks.

Flower-wise, I tend to mix in salvias or russian sage, at the front of the border I'll throw in marigolds.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

trish4850
Newly Registered

Thanks Grey. I planted yesterday and it looks beautiful. I took my plan to the nursery and got some yeahs or neys. I have 6 rose bushes (pink & Yello), silver mound; blue salvia and lavender and two blue fuscue in the back corners. It looks lovely. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks again.........Trish

Return to “Rose Forum”