joytohave

My mini rose bushes are budding

The mini rose bushes I got for Valentine's day is finally budding,six minis with 12 buds so far. I will add pictures when the start blooming.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Mine too! :)

joytohave

rainbowgardener wrote:Mine too! :)
I feel like a proud mom.LOL I was worried cause someone mentioned they may not cause they are forced to bloom so they can be ready for Valentines Day,some new buds after I got it died before blooming.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I got mine for Valentine's Day four years ago, but it has thrived ever since, with very little care. It's now almost two feet tall, bushy, and stays covered with flowers most of the season. Enjoy yours!

joytohave

I put them in a bigger pot and that is when I realized there were 6 little ones.I plan on putting them in more pots after they die back.I love roses for many sentimental reasons and hope I can have these fro a very long time.

sciencegal

rainbowgardener wrote:I got mine for Valentine's Day four years ago, but it has thrived ever since, with very little care. It's now almost two feet tall, bushy, and stays covered with flowers most of the season. Enjoy yours!
Did you keep yours in a pot for all this time?

I bought 4 mini roses at the grocery store a few weeks ago. They were on sale since they were done blooming so I couldn't resist even though I know nothing about roses.

I trimmed these roses back by a third based on the instructions and kept them outside in a partly sunny area. They have grown new leaves and look good. I'm bringing them in for the winter since I doubt they would survive the freezing temps. They will be in a sunny window with the other plants that come in for the winter. I may put lights up over them later on also.

Does that sound like a good thing to do?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

They are cold hardy down to zone 5 and need a period of cold dormancy. Mine stays outdoors all winter.

Return to “Rose Forum”