joytohave

Rose

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Welcome! Yes, you have a very pretty little rose. Did you have a question about it? :)

joytohave

I got a mini rose bush and all the buds bloomed but this is the only one that looked healthy. I was just seeing how to post a picture.I didnt know I couldnt delete post.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Well, not a problem. :)

joytohave

Are there any tips for growing these?I live in the Midwest and on sunny days I do put it outside.It is getting new growth but the buds that it had when hubby bought it didnt grow well except this one,they were all different sizes.I am using miracle grow pour and feed .I have added more drain holes to the pot until I get a bigger one.I really have a brown thumb and want to do well with this .
Thanks,Joy

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Once you get it outdoors for the season, I would just leave it there. I have a mini-rose bush in a container that stays outdoors year round. One year I tried bringing it in to the screened in porch where it would be just a little more protected. It did not do as well that year, probably because it was then depending on me to water it. But it's very cold tolerant... I'm in Ohio, north of you.

Otherwise, I find them very easy care. I've never grown roses because of their reputation for being fussy, needing a lot of care and sprays. I was given this and it may eventually change my mind... My mini-rose bush gets covered with aphids sometime in the spring. I go over it with a kleenex and squish them all and they don't seem to come back. Other than that and a little added nutrients now and then, I don't do much to it. It blooms and blooms all season and well into fall.

joytohave

HELP!!!!
Well was just looking at the new growth this morning and realized I don't 1 rose bush but 6 .Should I leave them and just put the whole thing in a bigger container or separate them? I thought something was up when hubby gave it to me because there were different shades and some of the rose buds are different.

joytohave

rainbowgardener wrote:Once you get it outdoors for the season, I would just leave it there. I have a mini-rose bush in a container that stays outdoors year round. One year I tried bringing it in to the screened in porch where it would be just a little more protected. It did not do as well that year, probably because it was then depending on me to water it. But it's very cold tolerant... I'm in Ohio, north of you.

Otherwise, I find them very easy care. I've never grown roses because of their reputation for being fussy, needing a lot of care and sprays. I was given this and it may eventually change my mind... My mini-rose bush gets covered with aphids sometime in the spring. I go over it with a kleenex and squish them all and they don't seem to come back. Other than that and a little added nutrients now and then, I don't do much to it. It blooms and blooms all season and well into fall.
I try to put it out as much as possible,we are having a lot of windy days around here.Well it gets a new bud then it dries up and falls off.It is getting a lot of new growth though considering there are 6 little plants in the pot.What am I doing wrong? Please help me!

Return to “Rose Forum”