NeedExperience

curiosity about mini roses

I have heard many times over that mini roses don't last. I have planted a 4 plant base of mini purple roses, they seem to be taking very well, very fast.javascript:emoticon(':D') So I am asking if there are any major concerns that I might see in the future to cause them problems, and tips on preventing them. I have started to spray neem oil javascript:emoticon(':P')on my garden, and house plants for pest control. So far its too early to see any changes. I thought it might be a good point to bring to attention that I do this already. Thanks 4 the input

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

I have not heard that. They are susceptible to the same diseases as other roses. They may get root bound if allowed to stay potted but the same thing could happen to other roses. The so-called original mini rose still existed last I heard.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I have a mini -rose bush that is now in its fourth season and doing well. Probably should be repotted into larger container this fall or next spring.

I don't do anything to it except a little time release fertilizer once or twice a season (since it is in a container).

Have used no sprays on it. In the spring, I squish the aphids off it and then they don't come back.

NeedExperience

I have already put mine outside. Right after I got it! Looks great. I'm not liking all the things I hear, think I just won't listen anymore. Every time I hear something to cause concern for a plant I ask hear, and find great truth. I am very glad I found this wonderful forum. It's been most helpful already!javascript:emoticon(':D')

Return to “Rose Forum”