Lesli

Rose name

Would anyone have a clue as to what this rose is called? I did know it but I´ve forgotten :oops: I keep hoping to have a light bulb moment but so far nothing :( It´s not a very tall bush , it has loads of flowers all at once and then that´s it. It has a fantastic scent too.

Thanks
Lesli

[img][img]https://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/kraftikats/bicolourrose.jpg[/img][/img]

organically_me

Could it be Rosa 'Scentimental' ?
Last edited by organically_me on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

organically_me

Whoops! Sorry - that one has rebloom. :cry:

Back to the drawing board.

organically_me

........or possibly Bourbon Rose Variegeta De Bologne?
Last edited by organically_me on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lesli

Hi organicallyme, it does look similar to the Bourbon Rose you´ve posted but the petals on mine turn out more. It doesn´t have that cupped effect. I have a feeling that the name begins with an s , I´ll recognise it when (or if ) I ever see it again. It was one of my mother´s favourites and it´s driving me barmy trying to remember the name she always called it. I´ll have to do regressive hypnotherapy or something :kidding:

Hortman

Hi Lesli. that's a great looking rose. I went to Weeks roses on their website.
It looks like it could be “ Rock & Roll “. Here is their link. Could it also have
the word " Peppermint " in the name?
https://www.weeksroses.com/rose_multi-color.htm

Lesli

https://www.gardenersworld.com/plant-detail/PL30000718/753/bourbon-rose

Thanks Hortman and organically-me for your contributions.....I finally remembered the name last night and it´s nothing like I was trying to imagine!! Also, I wasn´t looking for a repeat flowerer which apparently it is. Maybe because mine is in poor soil and doesn´t get as much full sun as it needs because of an overshadowing tree. Now I know it is a Bourbon!!

Thanks again
Lesli :D

organically_me

So glad you found it Leslie! It looks like it might even like it at my place - says it can stand heavy clay. :D

Lesli

It probably would be fine...it´s definitely hardy!! The flowers aren´t very big but the petals retain their colour even when they shrivel and dry and so they can look good as pot pourri too if you like that sort of thing :)

organically_me

Wonderful idea. I don't know why I always toss my deadheads in the garbage, other than the fact that I'm just plain old too busy to dry them at that time of year.

Return to “Rose Forum”