albahhar
Newly Registered

Rose Type

Hi,

I live in the UAE (United Arab Emirate) and most of the roses here are imported.

Available imported roses here are from Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Holand and Pakistan.

The problem is non of the nursery will tell exactly which rose bush is imported from where.

Q1: anybody here has experience with roses in this region?

Q2: how would I know the origin country of the rose (by smell, leaves, ...)

Q3: how could I make my 29 rose bushes which I bought and planted recently, survive during the summer season where the avg. temp is between 38 and 45 C degrees.

I am enjoying my rose garden and wish to have tips (supported with experience) on how to make my Roses live through the long hours of HOT summer.

Regards,,,

Al

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

No, I do not have experience with roses grown on those regions but if your roses are sold like ours are, we do not have a clear origin for our roses either. Due to government regulations, I know our roses mostly originate from here so I would inquire what the local govmt regulations are and where the wholesalers get their stock. The local nursery can provide this information, no? Obviously they provide shrubs that can take the pounding heat and they can provide some local hints. I would look for a way to provide some sunlight protections with a sunshade screen if the leaves suffer from sun scorch, I would not fertilize them during the summer and I would not try to force them to bloom a lot by amending the soil. If I need to prune them, I would do it before the worst part of the summer.

Return to “Rose Forum”