WINSTON1425

EDEN ROSES NEVER BLOOMED THIS SUMMER.

I live in Maryland. I have three Eden Rose plants all summner but none of then bloomed. When bought them from HomeDepot, they all came with flowers. I am not sure wat was the problem!

I would appreciate any advise as to how to make them bloom next seasn.

Thank you in advance.

microcollie
Green Thumb

Most roses put on a good show in the spring, and then (if you're luicky) will bloom sporadically through the summer. Many don't bloom at all after their first flush. You mentioned that it was blooming when you planted it...perhaps that was it for the year. Also the stress of transplanting could have prevented blooms in the summer. And, of course, the weather was less-than-perfect this year. Better luck next year, once it's more established.

WINSTON1425

Thank you for the prompt responses. I am in zone 7. We had unusually hot summer this time. Hopefully I will get better results next year. From what I have read from Garden Magazines, Eden Rose is one of best climbing roses out there. The pictures I have seen on there blooming habits were amazing. I bought them in pots from Home Depot and they were not cheep.

organically_me

My Eden rose didn't bloom either. Amazing growth though, nine feet in its first year. In a week or so I plan to bury the canes, leaving one cane buried next spring that hopefully will root and make the plant stronger. The other cane I'll trim early (thank you for that advice ! :D ) and hopefully it will bloom.

Return to “Rose Forum”