reniac101
Newly Registered

my dark blue rose tuned out pink

we bought a dark blue rose very preatty but when it bloomed instead of blue roses we had pink have had a broblem with glads that should have been red turning out pink too what am I doing wrong help please :cry: :?:

luis_pr
Greener Thumb

Hello, reniac101. Are you suggesting that the plant was mislabeled? what is the name of this variety? If that is not what you were talking about then....

The dark red pigment of some rose blooms can change when the roots have been injured or when the acidity changes considerably from low to high. Since this is the first year of the rose in your garden, I would ignore the change in hue because the plant is undergoing transplant shock. Instead, wait until you get the first batch of bloom in Spring 2011 and see how they look.

While you could try to acidify the soil to see what result this has, rose blooms that are "that" sensitive to soil acidity in roses are a minus. There should be little to no change.

If this problem bothers you a lot, return it while the nursery will gladly accept it back for a switch or refund.

Return to “Rose Forum”