tiggy

rose care

help. thought I had a corner full of brambles in my garden, but upon removing the brambles this evening I found a rose bush. not sure what kind but it has dark pink roses or did rather as I loped them off with the brambles. I think I have managed to save most of it but I stem got loped off and the remaining stem is still in bud. will this rose survive, or should I cut it right down and hope for a re-growth next year.
Any advice appreciated as never grown roses before.

thanks

JPIXI

Hello Tiggy,

With the little information you have provided it is difficult for us to imagine how badly the rose bush is hurt.

If the part that you have saved looks ok with some healthy feuillages after a few days, I suggest you not to deep prune the rose bush now. Presently, it is time for roses to make food to store later. Keep an eye on the feuillage of the remaining bush and keep watering the bush.

If the rose bush is injuried and the feuillage is drying up. In this case, you have no choice but to prune it to avoid further dehydration.

Good luck.

Pixi

tiggy

hi thanks for your advice. left rose alone as looking healthyish, and glad I did now I have 4 new buds on it. so will take your advice and prune later.

thanks
tiggy

Return to “Rose Forum”