Handy

Rose Bush from the wild

I found this Rose bush growing in the forest and brought back a cutting and grew this from it. I don't know the name of it, but it stays in bloom for months if I keep deadheading. Very fragrant[img]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/carb37460/IMG_0915.jpg[/img]

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

OMG, Handy, that is absolutely beautiful and fragrant too...?! Awesome. Perfect location for it. It's definitely happy.

Sandy888

WOW - it looks like some kind of Damask Rose !!! Unbelievable luck to find it in a forest since those roses are definitely not native to the USA. They originated in Middle East and my wild imagination is telling me that some early settlers brought it to NY and that today's "forest" was once somebody's front yard ; ). Well, I might be completely wrong in my "identification" lol, but what else has so many leaflets and is so fragrant ? In an y case _ WOW !!!! Lucky you !!!!!

imafan26
Mod

It does look like and old world rose. It is beautiful.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sandy, I guess you are a Rose enthusiast! :) Looks like you are having fun resurrecting every old thread about roses we have. Just don't expect someone who posted in 2009 to reply when you bring their post back up! :wink:

Sandy888

Ha ha, yes, I was very surprised that this forum is so quiet and went through some old posts while waiting to see if anybody would hear my plea ; ). I thought some future guests might find my comments helpful : )))

Return to “Rose Forum”