lil96

Roses help

Last year I moved into my boyfriends grandmothers (who is now dead) house. She planted alot of roses at sometime, I don'T know how old they are exactly, but I would guess 10 years, only based on her health, I have no idea about roses. Last year new roses came out alot and it seems to be so this year too. The roses are pink and pretty big. The bush stands 3' tall or so and we have 4 or 5 of them. And in the spring I remembered how pretty those were and bought some more small rose things they looked like stems with roots? Ok I know nothing about roses, I should have paid attention to what type the new ones are (I got different types also). But I have searched google today (also how I found this) on how to cut the roses. 1. for flowers around the house and 2. so that the roses stay healthy. But I am such an idiot when it comes to that stuff I don'T understand how to do it (too many big words) I am just afraid I will cut it and it will be wrong. So if someone could give me very simple directions on how to do these 2 things. I don'T want to hurt the roses. Thanks

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Here's a little reading to do; if you have any questions after absorbing these articles, we'll talk...

[url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/rose/index.html[/url]

Pay special attention to the "Caring for your rose" article (but read them all...)

Scott

lakehound@Juno.Com

I have a rose bush in my garden that appears healthy but never buds or produces flowers can you tell me why?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

That's not enough info for a real diagnosis, but it's been my experience that 80% of the time someone says that it's too shady...

Scott

Return to “Rose Forum”