estro
Newly Registered

they just died

I went away for about two weeks and left the care of my garden up to my boyfriend, bad move. before I left my roses were getting new sprouts all over. I had tones of new leaves and buds then I came back and everything was dead. since then I have cut the dead areas off and just left the older and stronger looking brown branches ( which look dead but I know aren't) I'm afraid to cut thew down to much, too close to the bottom. I've been awaiting new growth with no luck. I've tried putting tea bags at the bottoms to help add nutrients. any suggestions on how to help sprout more life?

oh, my apologies to all for posting questions in the wrong spot I'm still new here I got confused.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Yes, there is.

Water. Copiously. From the bottom.

Then beat boyfriend. Repeat until roses live or boyfriend expires :twisted:

Scott

petunis lover

lol, my husband wed ate my new roses which were both just sprouting. I wonder if they'll come back say next year? I watered but nada....

PL

petunis lover

I meant of course that he weed eatered my roses. sorry

PL

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Petunis, I'm not sure they will, and if they were grafted roses what comes back may not be what you wanted, but the root stock it was grafted on. Beatings for husband until you see new shoots... If you don't see something this year (soon), next year is right out...

Scott

Return to “Rose Forum”