arkansasrose

Okay, before we over react here, may I suggest you get a sample tested..contacting your county extension agent would be a good first step. There ARE other causes for the symptoms you first noted (herbicide damage, etc). If it's determined that you DO have RRD on one rose, the current recommendation is to cut off the offending cane (or canes) if you want the conservative approach..digging out and destroying the entire plant if you take a hard core approach. The only chemical spray that has been effective to a degree to control the mites is Cygon 2E, a very toxic insecticide. I opted to get rid of the roses in my garden and take a "wait and see approach". I started using Wilt-Pruf (an antitranspirant) in my regular spray program and have not seen any further spread of the disease in 6 years.

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Thanks, Arkansasrose, for your expertise on this one! :D What you have written is exactly what I have read about it as well. :wink:
VAL

gfranck
Newly Registered

I am contacting my locale extension. Thanks for the help, you really know your stuff! :D

arkansasrose

Sad to say, the "know my stuff" came from firsthand experience. Please do keep us up to speed on what you find out.

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

That's how most of us get to "know our stuff" isn't it? I don't think anyone just jumps right in and never has any problems gardening do they? You've been a big help on this one Arkansasrose! Thanks. 8)
VAL

Return to “Rose Forum”