grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Bonjour Pixi! What gorgeous photos of your rose! The more I look at it, and I have been doing a bit more reading about it, I am sure this is "Peace". The deciding factor for me was the label that you found referring to it as a rose of triangular form. Peace is unusual in that it has a confusing parentage, and appears to have three parents! They are "Johanna Hall" X ("Charles P. Kilham" X "Margareth MacGredy").

The hybrid tea, "Peace" rose was bred in France by Francis Meilland in 1945, and named for his mother, "Mme A. Meilland". It has also been known by the names "3-35-40", "Beke", "Fredsrosen", "Gioia", and "Gloria Dei". As mentioned, it has a parentage of three, and a bloodline of 37 roses.

It's flower is a pink and yellow blend, with 40+ petals, and is a repeat bloomer. It has tough, dark green foliage. It reaches a heigt of 4 to 6 feet, and a width of 36 inches.

It has received many awards, a few being:
All American Rose Selection - 1946
Best Yellow Rose - Montreal - 1999
American Rose Society National Gold Medal - 1947
Royal National Rose Socity Gold Medal - 1947
Hague Gold Medal - 1965
and it was inducted into the World Federation of Rose Societies Hall of Fame as the World's Favourite Rose in 1976.

The "Peace" rose is a classic rose, and has been the parent to many more since it's creation.

Good one to have Pixi! You've sure been fortunate - I wish someone would just drop me in the middle of a rare rose garden!!! :lol:
Take care, mon ami, and have a lovely day!

JPIXI

Thank you so much VAL!!

I feel much better knowing what I have in the garden bush now. Really hope they will continue to live happily where they are now. It seems they have very good genes.

Bonne soirée à vous VAL!

Return to “Rose Forum”