parias1126
Newly Registered

what kind of rose is this?

I bought this rose at Walmart a few months ago. I didn't think this rose bush would get so big! I think I may have it in the wrong place??? LOL I am wondering if maybe I should move it, but I am afraid it might backfire on me if I do move it. It has done so well and is absolutely beautiful.

Can someone tell me what kind of rose this is? I want to purchase another one, but don't know where to find it because Walmart no longer carries them.

[img]https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/parias1126/100_2957.jpg[/img]

kevinschoppe
Cool Member

I would think it would be a Crimson Bouquet....

Roses love sun, and if you have a in a sunny spot or even if it is in a part shade/part sun spot it will do well.

The best times of moving the plant would be end of fall or beginning of spring.

Look at your local nursery to see if they have any more, but it will be slim pickings, because it is late in the season for roses.

You can train it to grow a certain way by cutting it a certain manner. There are specific cuts you need to make as reguards to the angle of the snip etc.

Here is a picture of my Crimson Bouquet....
[img]https://info.conroeisd.net/~kschoppe/crimson%20bouqet.jpg[/img]

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Kevin, the roses do look similar to each other don't they?

Crimson Bouquet is a Grandiflora, meaning it has several blooms on one branch, but with longer stems than a floribunda. It's foliage is shiny, large sized, dark green, and it has large thorns. It is a repeat, profuse, continuous bloomer. The flowers are large, double, with 25 petals, and it is lightly fragrant. If it is Crimson Bouquet, it's size range is 4.5' high and 3.5' around.

Parias, I don't see anything in comparing the two photos that indicates to me that it isn't Crimson Bouquet, although there are alot of red roses out there!

It does look a little crowded where it is in with evergreen shrubs and against the wall, so unless you are prepared to continuously prune it, I would suggest moving it, but wait until fall or early spring.

I hope this is a right on identification for you - good job Kevin!
Best of Luck! :wink:
VAL

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Thanks Kevin

Thanks Val

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Always a pleasure - Kevin did the hard part! :wink:
VAL

Return to “Rose Forum”