grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Never too late for any party on this forum!!! :lol:

Nice rose! Does it get many blooms at a time - looks like the roses are more Tea like, than puffy like alot of shrubs. They sure have a lot of petals - 45 is high. Rated at Zone 5, so I might even get away with this one! My books say it grows to 10 feet, on line it says 4-5 feet. What has been your experience? Also, it's rated as light yellow, how yellow is it really? As Scott can attest - bright yellow is not my thing - but the more mellow ones are quite pretty.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful rose with us! :wink:
VAL

arkansasrose

Val, first, thank you for your warm welcome overall..I appreciate it.

This Buck is an upright grower to about 6' for me, however, I prune after each flush and maintain her more in the 4-5' range. Since the Bucks were bred by Dr. Buck to be hardy to Zone 5 (Iowa), winter hardiness was not in question for me..the heat was. They have all taken our Zone 7 (we're very similar to the North Texas climate) summers without batting an eye. The bush is loaded with blooms each flush and the yellow is very soft and muted..almost a cream. Did I mention fragrance?? Oh, yes, another plus. The blooms are very high centered on first opening..very hybrid tea looking. Disease resistance is very good, also. Can you tell this is a great favorite here??

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

I can very much tell that you love this rose - and it loves you back!
I am certainly going to look for this one on my next rose buying excursion!

You're welcome for the welcome! :lol: Everyone should feel welcome here, and I try to keep that feeling going. Thanks.
Your knowledgeable contributions have been more than welcome as well, and I hope you continue to feel free to speak up! :wink:
VAL

Return to “Rose Forum”