dirtgirl
Newly Registered

lilac leaves sticky brown still pliable

Hello Helpful Gardener!I am a gardener from VT and very hopeful that maybe you can help with this problem.I have a Miss Kim lilac and an old fashioned one that the leaves are turning brown from the bottom up and are sticky,but the leaves are still supple.I also noticed the same problem on a few snowberries.The Miss Kim is completely brown.I removed all infected areas and leaves.The garden centers in my area were perplexed with no answers.I am very worried about my babies.Please help!Hopeful in Vermont!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

You are going to have to post good quality photos for this one and even then no guarantees.

On second thought, please take a sample into your County extension office real quick. A forum is a great place to receive guidance but it's not the end all to one's problems. Please don't sit on this because you've got multiple species affected. What ever you've got festering is jumping from one genus to another and that's not exactly encouraging news. This brown sticky supple leaf mystery problem literally jumped from Syringa to Symphoricarpos and I've not seen or heard of that happening before. Not that I have seen or heard even 1% of all that's out there but I've got this little voice that tells me you've got a problem on your hands.

Return to “Lilacs Forum”