arnagas
Newly Registered

Is this grass fungus?

Just had new sod added in my backyard. Can you please advise if the patches identified by the squares in the attached picture are fungus? If it is fungus, anything in particular that you recommend for treatment?

The area does not get much sun and I had only been watering 3 times / week as advised by my landscaper but it has been raining non-stop here in FL for the last few days.

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_1756.JPG

JONA
Greener Thumb

One question...do you have a female dog?
They can cause grass damage where they pee.

imafan26
Mod

The grass doesn't look that old and fungal disease is usually a ring not a "U" or straight line. If the grass is flooding or ponding, then fungal disease can set in. It could also be something eating the grass roots like sod webworms, army worms, or chinch bugs. Some grasses are more appetizing than others. Bermuda grass is the tenderest and zoysias are fairly resistant to bugs.
dog spot are usually spots, and fungal diseases usually are a widening ring. Yours could be an early infestation of a chewing insect or it could just be some spilled fertilizer, especially the brown stripe. Insects and dogs don't usually cause thin long lines of brown.

Return to “Plant Identification”