GreenishThumb
Newly Registered

Purple Flowers, silver foliage, delphinium-like

Hi all! I've just come back from 3 weeks holiday only to discover that the de-weeding I'd done before departure had been...well...sub-par. Our garden is OVERRUN with weeds and today is day 2 of trying to sort through the whole mess. Before leaving I planted some seeds, and a few O:) new plants so I'm finding it VERY hard to decipher what's weed and what are seeds that have prospered immensely from our Dutch rain. One in particular has me baffled: it's got purple petals gathered around a yellow center on dill-esque silver foliage (sort of spiky/not leaf like). It's growing mainly around my white and purple delphiniums and blooming from the same pod-like buds that delphiniums have...but it's foliage is throwing me. Also the sheer AMOUNT is throwing me. It doesn't seem to be concentrated in the area I remember tossing seeds into... Any ideas what it could be? The sooner I can make the "to pull or not to pull?" call the better! Thanks in advance for all your help!
Attachments
image.jpeg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know. But to me something is a weed if it is where you don't want it; weediness is in the eye of the beholder. I think your whatever-it-is is really pretty. If you like it, keep it.

told2b

Pulsatilla Vulgaris??

Mr_bobo_

told2b wrote:Pulsatilla Vulgaris??
...nooooo...!

It is Delphinium... growing from seeds... he behave similar in my garden... just come in and spread the seeds and each year few plant growing up on random places... my suggestion is not to pull out... ;)

Return to “Plant Identification”