Suzannah
Newly Registered

Help Identifying Tree

Could kind could help me identify this tree which we have found in the garden
Attachments
tree.jpg

nltaff

:D Hi Suzannah, I'm new here, too, but I see you haven't had any responses yet. This picture might make it a bit tough for people to respond. You might want to post a few more: pick a leaf, close-up of bark. Am I seeing green younger branches? I find the texts on identifying trees somewhat daunting, but the basic info used to narrow down are: description of leaf shape, alternate/opposite veining, appearance of bark, temporal order of flowering, leafing (did flowers come first, or has this tree yet to flower based on picture). Just offhand, this looks like a forsythia, but that's not a tree. Good luck. :D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

And forsythia is one of those that has blooms before leaves, so to have new leaves like this, it would still have at least a few blossoms around.

It always helps to tell us where you are. There are hardly any garden questions that can be discussed without regard to location/ climate. For example honeysuckle in my area is in full bloom. So if you are anywhere near me, that isn't honeysuckle because it isn't blooming yet. But if you are a good bit north of me, it might be.

Honeysuckle does get its new leaves in bunches like that:

and it leafs out before it blooms.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

tough from that picture. if we could get a couple in-focus close-ups of the bark and the leaves, we'd be in business. first impression is one of the shrubbier dogwoods, but it really could be almost anything.

LIcenter

Looks like some type of willow to me.

Return to “Plant Identification”