Hello! Today I found a yellow fungus or mold growing sporadically in clumps on top of soil that is home to some succulents. They are in a pot outside. The soil is damp, but I only water about once a week if it's not been raining. I had medium-sized rocks on top of the soil, which the fungus/mold was growing under. I've removed them from the entire pot.
I know that some fungus is okay for plants and some isn't. I've attached a photo of it, which you can click on to get a larger version of the image.
I'd like to know what it is, if it's good/bad, and how to safely get rid of it.