stellina77
Newly Registered

Seeds from China, unknown plant

100_5029.JPG
Hi to all. My friend bought some seeds from the internet because she wanted to grow a bonsai. She gave some to me and they looked like small cherry seeds (she said the plant was supposed to be a sakura). Well, this is what the plant looks like and I'm pretty sure it's not a sakura. What do you think?
Attachments
100_5027.JPG

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the Forum! Sorry you didn't get a response to this. I'm "bumping' it so more people will see it and maybe someone will know.

It might help if you would tell us what part of the world you are in, although you said the seeds are from China.

stellina77
Newly Registered

Hi to you too and tn for bumping :)
Actually, I've introduced myself in the right section. I'm from Rijeka, Croatia, on the Adriatic sea. Our climate is mild, mediterranean, and I've planted the seeds in march

imafan26
Mod

It actually could be a sakura. The flowering cherry is not the same as the cherries you eat. They are different species. When the sakura is not in bloom, it is not a pretty tree. The leaves are roughly the same shape as your tree.

I haven't seen many young trees. Most of the trees I know of are already fully grown.

Return to “Plant Identification”