AGardener...
Newly Registered

Is this a regular plant or is it a weed?

This started growing in my garden about a month ago and at first I thought it must be a weed but it hasn't grown as quick as a weed would. If it's a plant/ fruit plant could you tell me what it is but if it's a weed you don't need to specify.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

https://s1333.photobucket.com/user/abcde ... sort=3&o=0

There's your link and here's your picture:

It is a regular plant, some kind of cucurbit, squash or melon or cucumber. I'm not real good at distinguishing them, but I'm sure someone else will come along and tell you. What did you plant there, or is it a volunteer?

AGardener...
Newly Registered

It started growing on its own I didn't plant it (also there are 3 other plants that are the exact same) and that's the only reason why I thought it may be a weed otherwise I agree that it is a cucumber or squash or something like that. Thanks for your help

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I know that squash seed is very tough and hardy and survives winter and the composting process. I frequently get volunteer squash plants in my compost pile. If you put any compost down in that area, that could be where the volunteers came from. You might want to let one of the go and see what it turns in to (not all of them unless you have a whole lot of room; most cucurbits are big plants).

Return to “Plant Identification”