sleepingciv

They are bigger now what are they

Unsure kinda of what these are. Horseradish??

Pumpkin I believe.If it is its the only one out of 2 rows so not sure on that...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, does look like horseradish, though that is not something I grow, so I'm just going by pictures.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I'm going to suggest that the first two photos are of French sorrel, Rumex scutatus. At least, it looks almost identical to what I have growing. :D

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

sleepingciv

Hmm thanks for the replies. I might dig one up see what the root looks like and go from that. Which ever they are I don't want them lol they came from I don't know where lol

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

should be able to tell the difference between horseradish and sorrel by the taste of the leaf. sorrel is sour from oxalic acid. horseradish is spicy. if the leaves are tasteless, maybe one of the docks (also rumex)?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I was first thinking dock, probably because I am familiar with that and not with horseradish. And we had this conversation before that dock and sorrel are very closely related.

But if you look closely at the first picture, you can see that those leaves have toothed edges.

That is true of horseradish:

https://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/horseradish-1.jpg

not true of dock:

https://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/assets/ ... /dock1.jpg

And the horseradish seems to grow a little denser and stand more upright. So I think sleepingciv was right.

Mr_bobo_

I have that kind of Horseradish at home... so I can conform its Horseradish for sure... hehe...
...and give some kind of compost to pumpkin... to grow better... she like it + water of course...
...and get ride of weeds around... ;)

Return to “Plant Identification”