roseycheeks
Green Thumb

neighbor's flower

I thought this flower was pretty and I have never seen it before, can anyone tell me what it is or direct me to a link that will tell how to take care of it and whether it is invasive or not?Image

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

A Clematis. There are many different kinds.

LA47
Green Thumb

It looks like it has been planted next to a shrub as the foliage beneath is not like I've seen on clematis. I did that this year. Planted a clematic to grow up in a spring blooming bush so it will look like the bush is blooming much longer plus I save planting space.

watermelonpunch

Yes, that's definitely a clematis flower... But I agree the various leaves & wood there are not part of it.
LA47 wrote:It looks like it has been planted next to a shrub as the foliage beneath is not like I've seen on clematis. I did that this year. Planted a clematic to grow up in a spring blooming bush so it will look like the bush is blooming much longer plus I save planting space.
Yes, some shrubs don't seem to mind having vines grow up them.
At our flagpole the clematis grows up a rose of sharon and the flagpole.
And near our porch, morning glory vines grow up the rose of sharon.

roseycheeks
Green Thumb

would it be alright if I dug it up and put it in a pot by itself? The one that I am planning to dig up is not blooming yet.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

This is titled "neighbor's flower." You have the neighbor's permission to dig up their clematis? :?:

If so, they can be grown in pots, I have one, but in my experience, it stunts them a bit, they never get as big or floriferous as in the ground.

They like "feet in the shade, head in the sun." So mulch well to keep the roots cool. Mine is in a morning sun only location, which may also explain why it stays smaller.

Mr_bobo_

My neighbor throw away his cleamatis... I don't know why... because it was beautiful...
...I pick him, save him... make two from one... and now it is all over apple tree... and bloom in full potential...
...now when neighbor see it if few years after... want it back... LOL ... like that's going to happen... hehe...

...see only small part of it...
Attachments
Clematis 1.jpg

Return to “Plant Identification”