nikto
Newly Registered

Identify a bush/shrub in New Orleans

It's evergreen; has no flowers; the leaves are mostly green, but some have white spots on them; and it grows well in the New Orleans area.

Any ideas?
Attachments
photo.JPG

nikto
Newly Registered

Here's a closeup on the leaves.
Attachments
photo2.JPG

nikto
Newly Registered

I think the Variegated Pittosporum looks right, too. Thanks for the quick help.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

nikto wrote:I think the Variegated Pittosporum looks right, too. Thanks for the quick help.

I'm from N.O. and I see this shrub all the time. It is about as popular as Azalea's, Ligustrum's and Camelias for the home shrubbery.

Careful with these type shrubs in the summer months if you decide to trim them. Yellow Jackets like to build nests in dense shrubbery.

nikto
Newly Registered

gumbo2176 wrote:I'm from N.O. and I see this shrub all the time. It is about as popular as Azalea's, Ligustrum's and Camelias for the home shrubbery.

Careful with these type shrubs in the summer months if you decide to trim them. Yellow Jackets like to build nests in dense shrubbery.
Thanks for the warning. I already have 2 that have been there since we moved in years ago, but they don't go as far as we'd like, so wanted to get another to fill in that area. Happened to see a big bunch in front of someone's house today while walking back from Jazz Fest, so I see what you mean about them being popular. Never really looked before.

Return to “Plant Identification”