DahliaMan
Newly Registered

Flower/Herb?

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your time.
Would like to identify this plant. This is the second year, it's growing in full sun, is about 3.5 ft tall (42"). The foliage is light and airy, similiar to dill or cosmos. No real fragrance when I rub the leaves. Grows vertical, not much branching or side shoots. Looks like the leafy sections come every inch or so on a smooth stem. End of season 2011 the stem tips looked as if they would form a flower or seed but the frost prevented me from finding out.
It's growing in a clump of about 12 of these stalks. The foliage is very soft and the stems die back after the frost.
Any help would be appreciated!
[img]https://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/Ancestors_album/whatsit.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/Ancestors_album/whatsit1.jpg[/img]
Last edited by DahliaMan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lorax
Greener Thumb

Casuarina equisetifolia sapling?

DahliaMan
Newly Registered

Thank you for the reply Lorax! Thought I made a "thank you" reply but it isn't showing up and didn't want your response going unnoticed. The sapling you suggested sure looks similiar. I don't think we have a match though as this is the second year in the garden and it's growing in a clump. The stalks die back after the frost.
Thank you for taking the time!!!

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Eupatorium capillifolium?

Here is a google image search (click)

Steve

DahliaMan
Newly Registered

Thank you Steve!
I'm pretty sure you found it!
The foliage looks good as far as weeds go, nice color too.

Will read a little more about it.
Thanks again!

Return to “Plant Identification”