3sarge
Newly Registered

ID OF SMALL BLUE FLOWERING GROUNDCOVER

I HAVE SEARCHED ALL OVER AND CANNOT GET A IDENTIFICATION OF THIS GORGEOUS, UNUSUAL LITTLE GROUNDCOVER. HELP!!
[img]C:\Users\3sarge\Desktop\UNK FLOWER.jpg
IF PHOTO DIDN'T UPLOAD, IT HAS ONLY 3 PETALS, IS A BLUISH PURPLE, THE MIDDLE PETAL HAS YELLOW STREAK, HAS MULTIPLE LEAVES FROM ONE PLACE!! ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHES HIGH

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Looks like you tried to upload your pic directly from your computer. Doesn't work that way, has to be on-line already at some kind of photo hosting site like photobucket.com

Detailed instruction are in New To Helpful Gardener? under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members.

3sarge
Newly Registered

I hope you can see the little blue/purple flower on this groundcover.
Does anyone know what it is. Many thanks, Chrissie

https://photo1.walgreens.com/walgreens/slideshow/AlbumID=10490974004/PictureID=389175092004/a=15520441_15520441/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

shadylane
Green Thumb

In my opinion the leaves do not match the bloom that is showing. The flower is an late winter early spring bloomer 'Crocus'

[img]https://www.flowers.vg/flowers/crocus%2001.htm[/img]

kdodds
Greener Thumb

The image isn't really conducive to any decent type of id. I agree that the leaves and flower don't seem to match, but more because the leaves look more like wild strawberry (from what I can make out, anyway, which isn't really enough to say with even 1% certainty). In short, shot in the dark, you seem to have two different plants pictured. Although we do have quite a few (native or naturalized invasive) different "ground covers" growing on our property with purple, cupped flowers. I can't id them though and they don't look quite like what you've pictured (purple's not as dark, shape's a little different). Again, this is what I can see, but the picture's not near enough to good to say anything with even remote certainty.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

something violet/viola direction? can you take a closer-up picture?

WildcatNurseryman

It looks like a Wood Violet to me.

WildcatNurseryman

Foliage looks like Aquga that has been in shade.

WildcatNurseryman

A J U G A not Aquga. ---Time for bed. :!:

3sarge
Newly Registered

THE GROUNDCOVER THAT I COULDN'T FIND OUT ABOUT IS CALLED MAZUS. [img]https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/190347/
IT'S A WONDERFUL LITTLE GROUNDCOVER THAT GROWS QUICKLY AND KEEPS WEEDS OUT!
THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING.[/img]

WildcatNurseryman

Thats cool. I know that plant but didn't think it was that 'cause the bloom looked larger than I'm used to. I like it though. It makes an excellent little show. My old boss was addicted to using that stuff. He also thought 'Pee Dee Gold Ingot' Liriope had to be on EVERY job. lol

Return to “Plant Identification”