Ava

What type of Crassula is this?

[img]https://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3022/crassula.jpg[/img]

It had 'Succulent - Crassula' on the label but nothing else - can anyone help?

Ava

Look, is there something wrong with my posts? Nobody seems to want to reply to any of them. Am I boring? Offensive? Annoying? Amaterurish? Would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks. :(

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Wow... not sure where that question came from. Your crassula post hasn't been up 24 hrs yet. It looks like probably a jade plant to me, but I didn't respond because I don't know much about succulents. I don't know if you were looking for something more specific.

Other than that, I looked back at your posts. You had a question about cacti that got answered. You and I and others had a long conversation about what plants to put in your vase. You had a question about euphorbia that didn't get a response. Cacti/succulents isn't our most active area, fewer people around that have a lot of expertise.

The end of the long houseplant/vase thread, your last post

"Now there are 5 or 6 'lovely' little seedlings.

I'm successfully growing weeds. Fantastic"

didn't get a response. I looked at it and wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or what was going on.

I did notice now looking back that the euphorbia post also asked about ordering plants on line. I order lots of plants, shrubs, trees like that and have rarely had any bad experiences. It helps to order from places where they give you good information about the size of the plant you are buying (like 3" pot or whatever). Otherwise you can sometimes be looking at your new plant and thinking wow, it's so small.. Only once did I get a dead plant. That was from a specialty Japanese maple company. Now I stick to larger companies with reputations to uphold.

I don't think there's a problem or that you are getting less response than anyone else...

JONA878
Greener Thumb

The nearest I could suggest would be. C.arborescens....but it is a huge family.

Ava

Rainbowgardener -
I'm sorry. I'm probably just seeing an entirely different situation to what's actually happening. Happens a lot with me. I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I just honestly think I must be doing something wrong and wanted to know what, because this is a great forum and I think I could learn a lot here. Really sorry. :(

I didn't realise that post about the seedlings was unclear, either... I mentioned in previous posts that I'd planted the seeds, and then that they had germinated earlier than expected (maybe those posts aren't even showing up?), but my father-in-law informed me the seedlings were weeds rather than the chilli plants.

I've just made myself look like an idiot now, haven't I? :oops:

Thanks for your answer about buying online and such, anyway.

Jona878 -
Thanks - I put that into google images and found a picture that looks almost exactly like mine :)

Hortman

Hello Ava. Ken here in the Chicago area. I agree with Jona878.
I think it is Crassula arborescens. Good luck and take care.

WildcatNurseryman

crassula arborescens undulatifolia

Ava

Thanks, both of you! Yes, crassula arborescens undulatifolia looks right.

Return to “Plant Identification”