Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Solar Greenhouse not much good when its ZERO!

Its so cold that I cant even start my lettuce seeds in the greenhouse with water storage. Its even worse when its cloudy for a whole week so the sun does not warm the greenhouse to the above 80 degrees that needs to heat the water! Guess I will wait till march and maybe start a few seeds inside the house under lights! I have been feeding the birds in this bad cold spell! I even put out nuts for the squirrel! I even put out butter nuts and he took all of them!

imafan26
Mod

I guess everybody has a hard time. The squirrel and birds must not have much to eat either.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

10 below zero last night which broke a record in pa. from 1914 of 2 below. Will that cold temp kill more weeds in the garden I hope so! Question since everything shrinks as it gets colder at what temperature will a ice cube sink in water. Of course at 40 below I guess all the water is froze and probably the cold ice cube will freeze all the water around it! Put a ice cube that is incased in a chamber of frozen co2 and I bet the ice cube freezes the glass of water instantly!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”