Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

6 by 8 greenhouse Cheap & shows how to errect it!

This looks like something everyone needs as a starter greenhouse for around $250.
Some of you probably watched it! Watch the short film!

Grow-It 6'x8' Organic Growers Greenhouse
https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/prod ... Ogodx3UAIg
The efficiency, price, and ease of a startup greenhouse or season extender with the strength and durability of a year-round structure.

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Pity it's only available in the US.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Big lots have a nice looking 6 by 8 greenhouse for $119. Its pretty nice with nice double shelves. The clear plastic seems very thick and clear just like the clear shower curtains! The plastic seems to be about 8 mills and has a nice sealed door! It would be a nice gift for someone getting into planting seeds. I would put a 50 gallon drum of water in it and it would probably stay above 32 in march in most places! My guess that it will last 5 to 7 years with the plastic!

OnKloudNyne

Bobberman wrote:Big lots have a nice looking 6 by 8 greenhouse for $119. Its pretty nice with nice double shelves. The clear plastic seems very thick and clear just like the clear shower curtains! The plastic seems to be about 8 mills and has a nice sealed door! It would be a nice gift for someone getting into planting seeds. I would put a 50 gallon drum of water in it and it would probably stay above 32 in march in most places! My guess that it will last 5 to 7 years with the plastic!
I had the big lots one that you are talking about. It fell apart in under a month. Any time there was any wind what-so-ever the plastic outside would rip and tear. Also, if the winds were over 15mph any pots and containers on the top shelf would fly off the shelves and the plants were getting destroyed left and right. When I went to take it down (I bought a replacement which is the 6x8 greenhouse this thread is about, there was water-filled rusty sludge inside all the metal piping used to hold it together.

The Grow-It one is great. I was unable to remove the plastic for the winter and despite ridiculous amounts of snow storms it has not gotten one tear in it. Also, throughout the summer it was easy to control the temperature inside of it because of all the windows it provided.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Foe the price I would have used it in the spring around march! It needed to be more stable with some metal post. The plastic looked to me about 8 mills and very clear. I would have fastened it to the south side of a building for protection. Free standing greenhouses like that one will blow away! Glad you mentioned it because looks can be deceiving!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”