Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My 4 th greenhouse is going up tomorrow but different!

I mentioned last year that I bought 9- 4 by 6 foot 8inch double glass slidding doors! I will be setting 3 of them on there 4 foot side so they are joined together making a20 foot south side of the greenhouse. I am setting them a foot off the ground o the south side is 5 foot high!!
+++
The rectangle inclusure will be 20 foot by 8 foot wide! The north wall will be 8 feet high. I will use a 2 by 4 by 10 to connect for the roof truss! The truss will be app a foot over each outter wall!. The roof will then be 10 feet across and covered with a 6 mill plastic! The north wall will be insulated with a one inch foam either white or silver reflective surface ! I will use chicken wire over the roof before I put the plastic to support snow and grow climbing vines in the summer!
+++
The backnorth wall foam panels will be taken down in the summer so the back wall can support climbing vines grown from the outside of the greenhouse with chicken wire up the 8 foot wall! The back wall also has plastic on the outside in winter to protect the insulation from the outside weather! This will be a summer and winter greenhouse used all year around for a greenhouse and growing area!!
+++
This will be my best greenhouse with 500 gallons of water on the north wall in 50 gallon metal barrels that will support the back 3 foot table the length of the greenhouse!. The south table will only be 2 foot high with water storage below the table!! The walk area in the middle will be about 3 feet wide and over 6 feet high! I will try to get pictures posted when finished! I figure it will take me about 8 hours to build it unless I decide to make the back wall 9 or 10 feet high for more slope!!! Any questions?

LA47
Green Thumb

Wow! It sounds great. I'm a little green with envy.

Wds83
Newly Registered

Bobberman how are you making out with your Greenhouse?

I would to see some pictures of your houses and setups!

Bill

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Getting a computer after christmas and will be able to post pictures I have a web tv now! I have lots of flowers still growing from this summer with only water storage for heat in all 4 geenhouses!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Actually this will be my 5 th greenhouse. Iwas going to put itup last week but the Pa. weather has been terrible and muddy! The sliding glass doors are 4 by6 foot eight and very heavy. I can't even lift them and have to slide them. They go about 200 pounds each. With nine of them I could make a 55 foot long greenhouse but I will only make a 20 footer by 8 or 10 wide! this will be my best one with all the little tricks I learned here and there!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”