Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

WHAT would I do in the winter without my solar greenhouse?

Winters use to be so boring but since I starting planting stuff in the fall that grow till jan in my greenhouseI am a happy camper! I have tomatoes I starte in july that are 18 inches high now and I hope will produce starting in nov! My solar green houses very seldom go below 35 degrees before jan!
+++
This year with sweat chamber I can start seeds very early. I even have a 100 foot hose that I think will add heat to the drums as water runs through it when the day temp is above 45! Most days even in jan the inside temp is above 60! Cloudy days it can get aound 35! I even have a fan that comes on when the temp goes above 55! The fans blw on the drums of water to keepthem as much above 50 as possible!
+++
I think greenhouse is much more fun that gardening because there are few bugs and no weeds! I will start about 30 different plants this winter! I have some fennel that is 6 inches high that will stay inside the greenhouse! I just wish I diidn't have to be 50 miles to the greenhouse from where I live so I could be in it ever day instead of just the weekends! I think every one who likes gardening should have a small solar green house because the heat from the sun is free but you have to capture it just like this forum captures the interest of the home gardener by keeping the hot post in your face!! Remember water is the key to a good solar green house as is water to the plants we grow!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I got two more 50 gallon white plastic drum for my newer 8 by 12 solar greenhouse! I think 200 gallons of water will be enough to keep in above 30 all winter!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”