Amazingfire
Newly Registered

Crazy Ideas

I know it is the start of July, and its going to be a 95 degrees plus here in crescent the next 7-10 day, but does anyone have any crazy ideas that could keep a greenhouse warm in the winter without breaking the bank account? I'm looking down the road at starting a vegetable/orchard business and I'm trying to do small scale test in my back yard on things that might work. I have a green house idea that I could draw up so everyone would know what I'm thinking of building. but I'm looking for all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Roberts

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'm interested. Draw up your idea and submit. :D

We could talk subterranean but it maybe out of the budget.
You may find this interesting. https://midwestpermaculture.com/self-study-more/permaculture-greenhouse/greenhouse-description/

Eric

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Look up the work of Will Allen and his Growing Power group. They do urban farming and use the heat of decomposition of compost to heat greenhouses.

Otherwise it is all about thermal mass. 50 gallon drums full of water painted black absorb a lot of heat in the daytime and then give it back at night.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Check up some of my past post. I had a greenhoue without heat for several years and it stays above freezing all winter with only drums of water! I have several new things to improve it this year using only the sun for heat!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”