Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Sunny days collecting excess heat for night!

Its ashame that most of the high heat in greenhouses even in the dead of winter is blown out the door! My solar greenhouse collects some heat in the water storage areas but only a small prcentage! When the temp goes to 90 or above we should be able to save some of this heat!
+++
We need some good ideas here? Would a black hose or plastic black pipe collect more energy by being suspended in the air or pressed against a black metal insulated wall surface? Of course we need a pump to push water through the hose into a large water source!. This pump should kick off when the temp goes below 60 but kick back on when the temp goes blow 40!
+++
Old radiators or base board copper tubing on the floors with water circulating will help.! There is no reason why any well insulated greenhouse can't stay above freezing all winter without any other heat except for solar right?
Last edited by Bobberman on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erlyberd
Cool Member

Passive solar gh with active solar radiant floor heating! How about that!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

All my 50 foam boxes this year will have a mix at the bottom of the box that should give off some heat. I am thinking that fish sea weed mix may work with some blood meal and leaves! Any suggestions how to make a mini com[post below the surface that will decompose slowely at the bottom of the box!?

soil
Greener Thumb

check this thread I started.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34396

I know some people who installed it on a house they built this past summer, it works amazingly well. I have all the material for mine, I need to buy the temp timers still. and wait for spring.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”