Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Bought 9 - 4 by 6 double pane sliding doors today!

I got them fro $20 each and am not sure how I want to use them for my greenhouse. Any suggestions? They are 6 foot 8 inches high and 4 foot wide incased in a vinyl and wood. They are reallyclean just like new. I know that they originally were over $400 a set!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

If you bought only 3 of these windows you could make a a 12 foot long greenhouse with with a front facing the sun that never needs changes or reinforced since glass has a long life and allows the most light to come through! I would slant them maybe 10 or 15 degrees and insulate everything around them! You could set them up a about foot above the ground level and have a super small solar greenhouse that would require very little heat to maintain even in 10 degree weather!
+++
Like I said these windows are everywhere to be had cheap! The windows can also be put against the side of a house or garage and make a quik place to grow plans for the winter! Even the 3 foot wide windows that are more common work great! The windows can be sealed together in may ways even with caucking or a special tape!!

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”