Chaesman

realy don't know yet wordwiz I am still in the thinking everything through stage and then I will move onto the beging of planning and scronging for material stage This is going to be my First attempt at a Permant green house and I want to make sure it is thought at as thourough as possible, Planned Well and Executed perfectly. Realy would like to do it right the first time although I know there is a huge learning curve the first time and I will certainly learn things along the way and have problems to fix as well. but I want to make sure it is as perfect as can be.

Chaesman

Ok Ran the idea of turning the new back deck into a GH by my wife this morning and she loves the idea.

So we are Offically Starting the Planning stage However Thoughts and Inputs will be appreciated as a lot of thought is still going to need to go into this Project. We want it done right :!:

Here is our initial thought looking out the back door you are facing South SouthEast. The GH will be about 7' 8" from the mobile home out and 8 to 12 ft from side to side. (the 7' 8" might seem strange but the guide wire from our utility pole prevents us from going further out :( )

We Plan on using 4 x4's in the corners for support Underpining and insulating the lower portion then decking it with marine grade plywood Then Covering the Marine grade plywood with a indoor out door carpet to help insulate. I am currently hunting down to windows I had out back one for the south wall and one for the west wall so we can open for ventelation. I am also trying to hunt down an old storm door with glass windows that open for the east side. The north side will be the exterior mobile home wall. The thing my wife likes about this idea is January getting to step from the mobile home directly into the green house with no need to face the elements at all since the back door will be inside the green house.

Well that is where we are at for right now. Any Thoughts or ideas at this point?

Oh we will be using pressure treated wood to help prevent rot.

Last thought around August first we will be budgeting 400 to get this project jump started till then Planning and cleaning and leveling the back area it has been used for remodling in the past and needs a bit of thourough clean up.

Jon

soil
Greener Thumb

sounds like a great idea. not only will you have a nice greenhouse. the solar heat collected can be transferred inside your house for heat in the winter. so on any sunny days you don't need to use whatever you use now to heat your house.

if you do some searching there are some pretty good websites detailing lean to greenhouses. just ignore the premade version sites and look for the information websites.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”