buddy110

Thanks again. I ordered some for now and I'll retreat next spring. I also have some chemical so I'm attacking it both ways!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

You probably shouldn't use the Cygon product at this time of year as to the best of my knowledge it won't be all that effective. Actually, you shouldn't use the Cygon product if it is your intent to use nematodes. Your chemical may very well kill the nematodes.

You could try the GardenShield product but I don't know much about it other than what I read.

I don't know if you were aware of this or not but research out there indicates the Steinernema carpocapsae is 100% effective if applications are applied properly. Early next spring would be the best time. I think you will have this problem cleared up by this time next year.

Also too, those nematodes are live. You will need to ask if your product will still be good to go next spring. I find when using biological controls that 6 months is about it for the product and then you have to re-order.

buddy110

TheLorax wrote:You probably shouldn't use the Cygon product at this time of year as to the best of my knowledge it won't be all that effective. Actually, you shouldn't use the Cygon product if it is your intent to use nematodes. Your chemical may very well kill the nematodes.

You could try the GardenShield product but I don't know much about it other than what I read.

I don't know if you were aware of this or not but research out there indicates the Steinernema carpocapsae is 100% effective if applications are applied properly. Early next spring would be the best time. I think you will have this problem cleared up by this time next year.

Also too, those nematodes are live. You will need to ask if your product will still be good to go next spring. I find when using biological controls that 6 months is about it for the product and then you have to re-order.
It's funny you would say that. I was thinking about that last night. But I figured theuy would last if kept refrigerated. I'll call them this morning and check on that.

Thanks so much for all your help, Lorax!!

Return to “Perennials”